KNIME Server Lite Task Scheduling

Hi

Our organisation is looking at purchasing KNIME server lite. One element we're not completely clear on is whether the scheduling component extends to running intra-day processes. For example, would we be able to schedule a workflow to run every 5 minutes between the hours of 0900 and 1800, using the existing functionality?

Many thanks for your help with this!

Hi Mrman101,

thank you for your interest in our products. You can schedule a worklfow to run every 5 minutes. We also have options, that you don't start the job if a previous one is still running. You can than select at which dates of the month, which days of the week and which month you want to have the job executed.

Currently you cannot select a intra day time range. But you can easily model the workflow in such a way that the important parts are only executed from 9-18. Please see the attached screenshot as an example how this would be done.

I use the Time Generator node to calculate the execution time, extract the hour using the time field extractor and than using the Row Filter I generate an empty table for all hours outside of 9-18. The Empty table switch than executes the workflow functionality only between 9-18 and in all other cases, the workflow is directly finnished.

Best regards, Iris

from9to6.png

Thanks Iris, really helpful. Had not thought about using the time generator node in that way to deal with this scenario (the period of the day) - this should work fine.

This also really helps the business case, thanks!

We have been using ServerLite, and yes, it does. We have many jobs which we run from every few minutes to everry few hours.

One issue is the job scheduling does not allow for a period to run during the day. For example, we run every 5 minutes for data between the hours of 7:30am and 5:30pm. We manage this by having the job scheduler to start every 5 minutes, and in the workflow itself control whether the job is within the target time range.

The finest granuality is 1 minute.

It would be a good feature to have for managing repeated intraday jobs.

David

Thanks David, that's useful to know about the lowest granularity. Luckily I don't think we will need to do anything below this granularity but no doubt we will at some point - thanks for the info!

Hi,

I have a few more questions about KNIME Server Lite and KNIME Server so thought I would use this thread: -

How easy it is to upgrade to the more expensive licence (full KNIME Server) if we’ve subscribed to the cheaper one KNIME Server Lite?

How many porduction server instances is one allowed on any KNIME Server License? There is a limit of 5 users - but is there a limit to the number of servers on which KNIME Server could be installed?

Many thanks for your help with this!