Knime server webportal page not working

I’m trying to install knime server 4.10.3 with openjdk 8u252.

I made a setup change to for jvm path in tomee>java

When i start the service it says its started, but i cant access the knime webportal, 404 error.
When i run it via startup.bat it works using the same url.

any ideas?

Thanks,
G

Hi @jiro_k,

welcome to the KNIME community.

Did I get this right: You installed the knime server pointing to an other OpenJDK version and changed the JVM path in the TomEE properties afterwards?

As you just installed the KNIME Server, wasn’t it possible to change the openjdk path to the wanted?

Please try to uninstall and install the service again as described here:

https://docs.knime.com/2019-12/server_installation_guide/index.html#_creating_a_windows_service

The install skript will automatically determine the jdk version installed on the system. You can edit the skript also to your needs.

Best regards,
Michael

Hi @MichaelRespondek,

There is only one version of openjdk intalled, when i first added the knime server service, i received an error:

when i unchecked the ‘use default’ and put in the location of the jvm from the openjdk directory.

The service now ‘runs’, but the knime webpage doesn’t actually work.

I have uninstalled the service and reinstalled it, but that doesn’t change the outcome.

what else can i try?

Thanks,

G

Hi @jiro_k,

sorry for the late reply. Could you please check the following questions?

1. Have you checked the windows event log after the first error occured? What was logged there?
  2. Which type of user runs the service, is it the local service account or an other user? Please have a look at the preferences of KNIME service, tab “Log On”
  3. If there is an other user configured, does this user have access to the knime server directory and the user right “Log On As A Service”?
  4. How did you try to connect to the web portal? From the server itself, using http://localhost:8080/knime or with the server name from an other machine?

Cheers,
Michael