knime service still running in task manager after workflow execution via batch file

knime service still running in task manager after workflow execution via batch file

i run knime workflow via cmd. via running bat file in windows,
but after the execution of wkf., knime service in task manager is still running…

how to stop running knime after execution

Hi,
what happens when you execute KNIME from the command line without bat file? Does it shutdown correctly then? Would you mind sharing the bat file?
Kind regards
Alexander

start “” “C:\Users\Navin Jadhav\Documents\knime_4.0.0.win32.win32.x86_64\knime_4.0.0\knime.exe” -nosplash -nosave -reset -noexit -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir=“C:\Users\Navin Jadhav\knime-workspace\Srini_CSV”

Hi,
please see the documentation of the start command. Here it says:

If command is an internal cmd command or a batch file then the command processor is run with the /K switch to cmd.exe. This means that the window will remain after the command has been run.

I think this is why the process does not finish. Why do you need the start command at all? Can you not simply call KNIME directly in the batch file?
Kind regards
Alexander

also, can we create a log file for the same? like each run one log file !!

If i remove Start " " then cmd will open , for long… and no workflow will execute

And does it show any output at all?

no… it just open bat file in CMD and keep in open

any cmd or keyword to stop knime after execution

Could you remove the -noexit option in your original bat file (with start command) and try again?

same… no change, still knime running

What if you run it without bat file from the command line? Does it end then?

bat file will requred to run with task sheduler / automate…

but still i tried without bat file.
and knime still running in bacground , but wkf executes

Okay, can you send me the complete output of the batch executor?

output of batch exwcuter means ?

i can share workflow and bat file …

C:\Users\Navin Jadhav\Desktop>sample.bat

C:\Users\Navin Jadhav\Desktop>start “” “C:\Users\Navin Jadhav\Documents\knime_4.0.0.win32.win32.x86_64\knime_4.0.0\knime.exe” -nosplash -nosave -reset -noexit -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir=“C:\Users\Navin Jadhav\knime-workspace\Srini_CSV”

C:\Users\Navin Jadhav\Desktop>

Hi,
If KNIME executes the workflow, it should also output status messages. If you don’t see them, please send me the log file created when executing the workflow.
Kind regards
Alexander

knime.log (2.1 MB)

There seem to be quite some errors in the log, for example locked files that cannot be accessed and failing connections to a database. Are you sure those are not the cause for KNIME stalling the execution? Are you sure that the workflow finishes completely?
Kind regards
Alexander

yes its executing… here am writing csv. csv generating succesfully