Knime Spark executor

1. What is the internal working of Knime workflow deployment on spark job server?

2. How .jar is made of any workflow and upload on job server?

3. Where is the location of .jar file saved on local drive?

Hi,

> 1. What is the internal working of Knime workflow deployment on spark job server?

> 2. How .jar is made of any workflow and upload on job server?

> 3. Where is the location of .jar file saved on local drive?

Each KNIME node runs a job on Spark jobserver and we use the normal Spark Jobserver mechanism to submit jars.

I would like to emphasize that you do not need to know all these things to use KNIME Spark Executor. What are you planning to do? Maybe we can help you with that.

Best Regards,

Björn

As Knime executes its workflow when we click execute button.

So what I want to do is the location of jar file which is uploaded on spark job server, so next time I manually upload same jar by java service to re-execute same workflow.

Second, I want content of jar file, means that how whole workflow is converted into jar file.

Hi,

unfortunately that is not how it works, we do not create a jar file for each KNIME workflow and the jar that we create is not meant to be used without KNIME Spark Executor. You need KNIME Spark Executor to orchestrate the Spark jobs. Also, KNIME Spark Executor is a commercial product, so you have to purchase a license to use it.

- Björn

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.