Knime Webportal behaves weird/ No component request

Hi,

I’m currently trying to deploy a workflow on our knime server. The workflow uses some components to get login informations from the user for a REST API call. It works completely fine locally on my machine and also on the server as a server job.

Unfortunately If I want to start it from the webportal it starts, but then always this screen appears:
And this never ends. After hitting start it should immediately ask for login infos via one of my components:

If I open the job and look where the problem is it looks as follows:

and going into Authentication: image

It says “queued” at the string manipulation but I don’t know why because all previous nodes are finished. Can someone help me please.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Armin

Hi Armin,

I have a few questions if you could provide the answers for them:

1. Are you resetting the workflow before attempting to execute it?
  2. Can you provide us with a screenshot of the String Manipulation configuration?
    3 What version of Knime AP and Knime Server/Executor are you currently running?

Thanks,
Zack

Hi Zack,

1. Yes, I reset it when I upload it. And then I immediately execute it.
  2. I have created a minimal example for you:

First component is the user login with the nodes from above. Then Var to table row and finally a component with a single View Table node. This doesn’t work either. It gets stuck after the login, but the component is green and the next is “queued”.

Knime AP: 4.1.3
The Knime Server Version is the most actual one (we updated it 3 weeks ago).

Best regards
Armin

Hi Armin,

Would you be able to provide us with the log files from the server located in /logs folder file us to take a look and see if we can see why the workflow is staying in the queue state?

Before re-creating the issue, would you also be able to change the logging level in the file/conf/logging.properties, by changing the the properties:

com.knime.enterprise.tomcat.level = DEBUG
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.level = ALL

Please also return the logging level back to what it was before, as it may generate very large log files if run for a long period of time on debug/ALL.

Please let us know if you have any questions on the above.

Thanks,
Zack

Hello ztrubow,

The log-files are way too big, even for just one day and I’m not the administrator of the server. It also contains a lot of data which is not intended for a public forum. I think if there is no quick answer for this weird issue, my company will have to contact the knime support directly.

Regards,
Armin

Hi Zack,

I’m working with Armin on this workflow and we think that we have narrowed down our server problem. It seems to be some problem with the Java RMI.

I have attached an excerpt from our logs. Any help in pointing us in the right direction is much appreciated!

Regards,
David

knime-errors.log (17.0 KB)