KNIME Workspace

Is it possible to move my KNIME workspace to a remote hard drive to free up disk space on my Mac?  If so, How do I do it?  Is it possible to move it without having to reload all of my files?

You can just move the folder, but if you are woried about hard coded paths to data files, this gets a bit tricker.  To start, I would try just copying the whole workspace to a new disk, switching the workspace reference in KNIME to the new copy, and doing some testing.  If you run into any problems, report back and let us know what you find out (but it should be quite straightforward).

Do note that external drives tend to perform worse then internal storage.

As Kime stores intermediate data on disc, this might impact performance considderably on larger volumes of data.

As Kime stores intermediate data on disc, this might impact performance considderably on larger volumes of data.

Just to clarify: the location for intermediate data storage is configured via File > Preferences in KNIME (Directory for temporary files), so this should be independent of your workspace location unless the workflow is actually saved in executed state with it's data, which leads to copying the intermediate files to the storage location, right?