Labeling View - Grouping of records

Hello,

I want to provide my user the ability of choosing between categories of records for labeling. Inside my component I am using Nominal Row Filter Widget for the category choice followed by a Labeling View node. If the user labels records in multiple categories, the Labeling view correctly remembers the already inserted labels when the user moves in between categories. But the output of the Labeling View node is only limited to the records belonging to the last selected category. Can you think of a way of returning all of the records at the end?

Something I also note in this use case, in which the user first examines the records in different categories before possible labeling, is that the automated selection of the first tile is causing undesirable outcomes. The user can have a tile selected and subsequently labeled without realising. I’d like to suggest that the node configuration will be added a selection to disable the automated selection of the first tile.

Hey @pzkor,

would you be able to share your workflow or a dummy workflow? I am not entirely sure that I get your first point. For the second point I will open a ticket.

Greetings,
Daniel

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply @DanielBog. See an example here. If you do some labeling in both of the two categories in the component view and then hop between the categories, the labels already inserted have stayed in the memory of the labeling view for both categories. However, the output of the node is just for the category last viewed.

Labeling by category example.knwf (16.3 KB)

Hey @pzkor,
thank you for providing the workflow. This makes it easier for us to understand the problem.
I think the problem is less of a problem of the labeling view, but rather a problem on how the re-execution works. Whenever you change a value in the nominal row filter the input data for the labeling widget is changed. The labeling widget then only applies an additional category column for the input data it has at that moment. So the actual bug is that the labeling widget doesn’t clear its internal state when it is re-executed. What you are trying to achieve here probably needs to happen in two labeling widgets. One for each category.

Greetings,
Daniel

2 Likes

Thanks @DanielBog. That makes sense and is easy to implement.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.