Labs / Network Mining not working?

Hi,

I installed the "KNIME Network Mining 2.5.1.0032052" extension from within Knime, but the nodes do not show up when I restart the application. Is this so on purpose, perhaps because I am downloading too early ?

- Linux FC16 X86_64

- Java  version "1.7.0_02" from sun/oracle

My knime.ini:

=-=-=-=-=-

-startup plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.1.0.v20100507.jar
--launcher.library plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_64_1.1.1.R36x_v20100810
-vmargs
-Dosgi.classloader.lock=classname
-XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions
-XX:+UnsyncloadClass
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/usr/bin/xulrunner
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.DefaultType=webkit
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.UseWebKitGTK=true
-Xmx2048m
-XX:MaxPermSize=512m
-server
-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false
-Dosgi.classloader.lock=classname
-XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions
-XX:+UnsyncloadClass
-Dknime.enable.fastload=true

=-=-=-=-=-

P.S.: Greetings aus Wien

Hi,

you have installed the right version of the network plugin. The network category with all network mining nodes should appear in the KNIME Labs section of the node repository if the plugin has been installed properly. If the nodes do not appear you might want to have a look at the log files for any hints why the installation didn't work. The eclipse log file is located in the .metadata folder of your KNIME workspace directory whereas the KNIME log file is located in the KNIME folder.

Bye,

Tobias

I suspect this is another case of where people cannot find where nodes are going too. This relates to my recent post on suggestions & improvements where the node repository structure needs a good overhaul to make it more logical.

Simon.