Lag Column Flow Variable

It sure would be handy if the Lag Column node output the lagged column name as a flow variable!

Hi @MrSampson and welcome back to the KNIME forum,

It is already possible to do that in the “Flow Variables” tab of the node’s configuration window:

lag-column

:blush:

Thanks @armingrudd. I’m sorry I was unclear. I mean the output column, like the one with the column name as “lag-column(-1)”.

1 Like

It is easy to create it having the original column name. If the original column name is provided by the variable “lag-column” you can use the String Manipulation (Variable) node to create the column name:
join($${Slag-column}$$, "(-1)")

:blush:

Right. And I can use the flow variable for the lag to fill out the column name, so I wouldn’t have to change it manually every time I change the lag. That’s why I suggested it would be “handy” by saving me the couple of mintues of doing that.

It’s no big deal, I just thought I would throw it out there. (Including an input field to change the output column name, would also be nice.)

Hello @MrSampson,

if you are after to rename lagged column maybe this topic helps:

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.