log batch mode

Hi,

i have an execution in batch mode and  all work fine with knime 2.91.

I have changed the version in 2.10.4 and i have an error related to the position of the log.

In the previous version i can find the log in "%work_path%\workspace\.metadata\knime\knime.log"

Now the process doesn't create the folder .metadata, where can i find the log now?

Thanks

The log now is under C:\knime-workspace.

How can i change this path?

With knime 2.9 i have 1 log for each batch execution, now with knime 2.10 seem that exists only one log.

How can i split the log in different folders such as the previous version?

Thanks

The log file is written into the "workspace". Until 2.9 the default workspace was indeed the working directory. This has caused problems when starting the GUI from an installation performed by an administrator because then the workspace inside the installation folder was not writable. Therefore we changed the location of the default workspace to the user's home directory. If you want different locations for different batch executions, you can specify the workspace location explicitly with the "-data" parameter.

Hi,

i'm trying with the parameter:

-data="X:\Knime\work\TEST1\workspace"

but it raises an error:

Unknown option '-data'

If i remove the "=" it works

Hi,

does this "data" parameter still exist? Is its existence dependant on the system? Neither could I find it documented in the help nor was it mentioned when running the batch executor without parameters. And all possibilities I tried returned with an error that the parameter wasn't recognized...

-data is a standard parameter that works for every Eclipse application, see http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fmisc%2Fruntime-options.html

Ah, thank you, Thor, I was not aware of that.