log file

Hi,

I am running occasionally into problems when executing a workflow either from the command line or from the GUI. It is actually a rather general problem that relates to quality assurance and traceability.

Meaning I "sometimes" do things and forget why and what I have actually done. This causes problems on many layers...

To resolve this I would like  to suggest to generate a "readable" log or summary file that prints out the name and description of a node after completion (of failure) and its table specs.

In the description I would then write how the table specs should like and what the node is doing. This file would then be a history of what has been done... Table specs are very important to gain immediate access to the quality of the data. Ideally this would be in a HTML format where execution problems are highlighted...

There should be one file per workflow... (and this should be configurable as I want to specify that filename with a command line parameter for example...)

Now this still leaves a lot of work to the end-user for describing their workflow correctly but it makes it much easier to trace back what has been done...

Please let me know what you think about this proposal...

Thanks for your consideration and attention

Bernd