Mathematical formula occupying conditional

Dear All

Along with saying hello and wishing you a great weekend, I present the following query
I have a field called DIFERENCIA_DIVIDENDO which is of type string, where the data that said field has are the following OK, MTO REVISOR MAYOR MTO REVISOR and MTO MAYOR REVISOR MTO REVISOR.
What I need is:

If the data called OK appears, subtract the fields called MTO_DIVIDENDO_PENDIENTE_INTER_PENAL and CDT_MONTO_COBRO.

If the data called MTO REVISOR MAYOR MTO PANEL appears, subtract the fields called MTO_DIVIDENDO_PENDIENTE_INTER_PENAL and CDT_MONTO_COBRO

If the data called MTO REVISOR MTO REVISOR appears, subtract the fields CDT_MONTO_COBRO and MTO_DIVIDENDO_PENDIENTE_INTER_PENAL

The fields called MTO_DIVIDENDO_PENDIENTE_INTER_PENAL and CDT_MONTO_COBRO are of type int

For a better understanding, the formula that does not work for the rule engine node is detailed.

Hi @Pedro87

If I all understood it correctly (try to include some example data next time, that helps a lot), you are looking for something like this:

You are better of with the Column Expression or Java Snippet node. The Rule Engine is not really suitable for this.

Note: please double check rules since they are contradicting: the input being described as:
OK
MTO REVISOR MAYOR MTO REVISOR
MTO MAYOR REVISOR MTO REVISOR

while the described rules mention:
OK
MTO REVISOR MAYOR MTO PANEL
MTO REVISOR MTO REVISOR

I used the last group as input. The computation of the rules is basically the same in nature as you had within the Rule Engine.

if (column("DIFERENCIA_DIVIDENDO").equals("OK")) {

column("MTO_DIVIDENDO_PENDIENTE_INTER_PENAL") - column("CDT_MONTO_COBRO")

} else if (column("DIFERENCIA_DIVIDENDO").equals("MTO REVISOR MAYOR MTO PANEL"))  {

column("MTO_DIVIDENDO_PENDIENTE_INTER_PENAL") - column("CDT_MONTO_COBRO")

} else {

column("CDT_MONTO_COBRO") - column("MTO_DIVIDENDO_PENDIENTE_INTER_PENAL")

}

Note1: since rule 1 and 2 have the same calculation logic, you can also merge the first and second if statements with an OR operator which is ||
Note2: if you want to leave the output empty for example whenever you input does not contain any of the 3 terms, convert the else statement to an if else with a proper rule similar to the other two and make a new else statement.

WF:
Mathematical formula occupying conditional.knwf (12.7 KB)

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thank you very much @ArjenEX

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.