MEDICAL DATA

@helfortuny I think you would have to tell us more about the data and what it is you want to know. Is this a true/false question, or a multi-class or a regression (numerical target). What is the supposed outcome? How many patient data do you have? Do you know anything about the quality of the data?.

One first step to investigate could be to compile a report and inspect the data with regard to the target variable. I like to employ sweetviz for that although since we are a KNIME forum there also is a KNIME solution for that :slight_smile:

Then the question of the model which might depend on the answer to the above question. I have two articles about data preparation (vtreat) and comparison of some typical models (also LighGBM) which could give you a quick glance - but best to first establish what kind of data you have and what your (business) question is. Also what kind of precision you would expect (depending on what you want to do with the data later).

Other methods of dimensionality reduction might also be considered.

If you want to learn more about your your data you could think about techniques like t-SNE that could help to detect new patters in your data (if that is also a question).

3 Likes