Meta node auto updation

Hi,

If I were to use a meta node (with sub workflow) in multiple workflows and If I happen to edit/modify the nodes inside the meta node, would that change be replicated in all the places where this node is used?

If no, is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

The change in your metanode is not automatically replicated. But there is a way to share your metanode, and to look for updates whenever you open a workflow that uses that metanode.

Rightcklick on your metanode and select share. Then you can chose the directory where you want to save it, I chose my local workspace. Select how the component should be linked to the workflow, I personally prefer the workflow-relative link. Notice that the metanode icon now has a little green arrow in the bottom left corner, indicating this is a shared metanode. You can then drag and drop with metanode from your explorer into your workflows. If you open the shared metanode, notice the grey background. this means you can’t edit it. If you want to edit your metanode, disconnect the link. Now you have a white background when opening your metanode, and you can change it. If I share my changed metanode again, you will be asked if you want to overwrite. Save it. If you then open any workflow that uses this shared metanode, you can check if this metanode has been updated. If you click yes, it will update the metanode in the wf.

If you want to use small workflows within other workflows, you can have a look at components. They are similar to metanodes, but a bit more advanced:

Hope that works for you. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best
Alice

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.