MetaNode & toReport?

Hi all,

It seems that if you use the “to Report” node inside a metanode the dataset cannot be seen by the report designer. I cant see any preference settings to control this - is this correct?

thanks in advance,

Hi,

That is expected behavior. Only top-level “to Report” nodes are exposed to the Designer (reason being that otherwise the user could get lost quickly in finding the associated datasets/nodes).

Regards,
Bernd

Hi Bernd,

I can see why you might want to do that, but if you have a lot of metanodes it can be hard to get a deeply buried pie chart dataset up to the top-level. A “find dataset node” option might be a way around this, but I dont know if this is easy to do via the framework…

cheers

Yepp, we had some internal discussions as well. We see the use-case and will revisit that limitation. It’s not put into stone. For now, however, you need to live with it…

Cheers,
Bernd

Oh please allow us to do this. Because I can't iterate across columns, I've got a meta node containing 12 seperate streams that would need 12 outputs in order to send everything I need to the top level. Now I'me going to have to move all the nodes themselves.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.