Native Salesforce Connection?

Are there any plans to create native Salesforce connection nodes that will function with just login/PW (or third party auth)? I am aware of the REST functionality available, but that requires additional permissions/privileges/tokens/etc. that organizations are unwilling to grant. Something like how Tableau connects to SFDC would be fantastic, as Tableau does not require these additional pieces.

Hi @EvanB!

Unfortunately not for now. As you said it there is REST…

Stay tuned for any new announcements :wink:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. For REST to work, I need IT support, which doesn’t come easily for the business operations area. It would be great if there was a node that functioned like Tableau or PowerQuery. :frowning:

1 Like

You are welcome. Your request has been registered and maybe in future there will be such a node :slight_smile:Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Great. Thank you so much!

Hi @EvanB,

with new 4.2.0 version KNIME provides a set of nodes to connect to and read data from Salesforce!
See here: https://www.knime.com/whats-new-in-knime-42#salesforce

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

After using these, I am a bit dissatisfied. The nodes are generating SOQL and returning JSON. Why not make it point-and-click just like the DB Column Filter node, then return a formatted table??

:frowning:

1 Like

Hi @EvanB

Thank you for your feedback.

I understand your point. We will be launching another node where the user will be able to make a simple select query with point and click and return a KNIME Table. So I hope this will help make things easier for you.

Cheers,
Ana

4 Likes

Hello @EvanB,

as @ana_ved announced with KNIME version 4.2.1 Salesforce Simple Query node is available.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like