need to sort out and give an new column which part is of which machinery

example file.xlsx (49.3 KB)

Good Day,

I would like to get suggestion from you guys that how to sort the fille particularly with given name eg: main engine from remarks and categories the spares used under main engine on remarks and itemname columns

Hi @SABAREESHS37

did you already start with your KNIME journey? And are struggling with certain steps?

Your question sounds quite general, which makes it hard to give you a great first suggestion.

3 Likes

Hello @SABAREESHS37,

Your question is quite complicated. What are you looking for ? Are you looking for specific information like Price, Qty or else ?

You have the column “Vessel” which look kinda filled globally.

Why do you want to use Knime ? Do you want to extract some complicated text from “Remarks” or “ItemName” ? Predict something ?

Br,
Samir

2 Likes

po particular machinery.xlsx (1.3 MB)
thanks you samir my idea s to separate the machinery wise to and to sub catergories what all spare parts been purchased in an year time for particular machinery and need to analysis the price and cost of the particular ship
I have sent an part of the file where it has large numbe rof ship details and different machineries
i need to classify them according to the machineries been used and provid an tag by crating an new column .
i will attach an sample documnt how i have extracted the details
this i have tried using particular filter and created an column as MACHINERY AND CONPONENT

thank you iris i have posted the clear cut review of the documnt i require with an example

yes Mr. Samir I need to remove complicated text from remark and item name through that I need to sort out the spare of particular machinery

Hello @SABAREESHS37,

I start to understand your problem.

Analyse the price by Vessel is not an issue (you have all you need to do this analysis), so I’ll keep that out.

So, your real issue is to “predict” “Machinery” & “Component” columns from “Remarks” & “ItemName” columns text, yes ? Indeed, you could use ML or DL classification or Text processing as you prefer !

Do you have a list ? A dictionary ?
How do we know that it is an “Auxiliary Engine” or else ?
How do we attribute a component class ? From a word within “ItemName” ?

Br,
Samir

2 Likes

nope samir just filtering out on random search basis

samir i require an anoter help how to add the valves of same column consecutively using formula

Hello @SABAREESHS37,

Random search basis ? But how can we classify your Machinery & Component ?

Br,
Samir

1 Like

create an new column with an header machinery name as single column and componnent as another column

Hello @SABAREESHS37,

I think there is a misunderstanding here. I understand you need to create two new columns to identify the “Machinery” and the “Component”.

My question was, “how do we know how to categorize the machinery ?”.

Here is an example for the “Component” column : Predict_Component.knwf (115.1 KB)
I used a Gradient boosted method to identify the Component by reading “Remarks” & “ItemName”.
I reach an 87% success rate, which is not very high. But I think this rate can be improved by using “Text Processing”.

Credits : I used @sjporter “Text processing” component to clean up the text, which is fantastic :grinning: & easy (so thank you) :

Br,
Samir

2 Likes

thats great samir thanks a lot will look in to it

1 Like

good morning samir can u please help me out when i upload the same fille am getting an error row 17 file lanuage

Hello @SABAREESHS37,

Browse and look for the file on your system :

Br,
Samir

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.