Network Mining extension in Knime (Nightly)

Hi, I installed Knime 4.0.0 nb 2019.06.07 and the Network Mining extension.
Trying to open a wf with inside an Object Inserter Node I got the following error message:
Best,
Alfredo

*** Welcome to KNIME Analytics Platform v4.0.0.v201906071349 ***
*** Copyright by KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland ***

Log file is located at: C:\Applicazioni\Knime.metadata\knime\knime.log
ERROR Object Inserter 0:225 Problems during initialization of basic feature type (for extension ‘org.knime.network.core.core.feature.FeatureTypeSDF’.)
WARN Network Viewer 0:226 Network needs to be directed

Hi @alfroc

thank you for noticing this!
I will test this. Please note this is a nightly built and should not used for productoin.

Best wishes, Iris

Hi @alfroc

I just tried to reprocude this, but did not manage. Can you send me more information? e.g. an example workflow which fails in the nightly?

Thank you! Iris

Hi Iris, here it is.
Best,
Alfredo

Customer Satisfaction - LDA.knwf (26.2 KB)

Updated to v4.0.0.v201906260931 .
Still doesn’t work.
Best
Alfredo

Hi Alfredo,
I have a hunch that this is due to a missing plugin. This shouldn’t cause any problems but it seems in your case it does.
Can you please check if you have installed the KNIME Base Chemistry Types & Nodes (see below)

To check if they are installed open KNIME and go to File->install KNIME Extensions…. In the Install dialog search for chem and hit enter. You should then see a similar view like above. If they aren’t installed please install them restart KNIME and try again to open the workflow.
Thanks
Tobias

Hi Tobias,
the problem is not due to a missing plugin. Simply that the Network Viewer (Local) Node doesn’t work with the “Radial tree” option for the layout… Did you try the wkf I provided for testing it?
Best,
Alfredo

Hello Alfredo,
I didn’t know that you had a problem with the radial tree layout. The radial tree layout only works for trees e.g. directed networks that have a single root from which all other nodes can be reached. According to the warning message your network is not directed.
Bye
Tobias

1 Like

Hi Tobias,
yes, sorry for the misunderstanding… the strange thing is that it worked before!
Please solve.
Bye
Alfredo

@alfroc

do I understand you correctly. Running the very same same workflow with 3.7.2. created a different results than in 4.0?

Hi Mark,
yes, if you want you can try by yourself, I attached my workflow some time ago…
Best,
Alfredo

Hi @alfroc,

unfortunately I couldn’t reproduce your issue. For me, the workflow you attached earlier does not work in 3.7.2. Could you maybe try your workflow again in KNIME 3.7.2? If you do not have a KNIME 3.7.2 anymore you can download it here: https://www.knime.com/download-previous-versions

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,
neither could I. I tried to change some options in the Object Inserter Node without success, the message coming from the Network Viewer Node (Radial Tree algorithm) is always the same: “Network needs to be directed”.
Fortunately, the Fruchterman-Reingold algorithm is quite similar to what I’d like to get and it works!
At this point, I close this post.
Best,
Alfredo

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.