New navigator tab or popup from within a page in a workflow on server

Hi all,

I actually work on a workflow that let user view a big result table (Table Editor) and edit some calculated information. As it is really a big table (~230k lines), the user need to do some search on the table and then validate the data little by little.
To facilitate the search, they want see in the same time the previously detected values of some columns, in a popup or in another tab of the navigator, as a reference.

I wonder if we can do this ? I search a little bit but I did not find a way :frowning:

Thanks in advanced,

Thanh Thanh

Hi @tttpham

interesting use case.
I think the problem is really the size of the table. Do the user really need to have access to the full 230K lines?
What you can do in case you do not want to give them the full size in the beginning is the following.

Put two pages in a loop. The ending of the loop must be controllable by an input from the second page. On the first page the person can enter search terms and on the second page you can see and edit the table. Afterwards the changes are written and it goes back to loop start.
You can now save in this loop two lists and modify them. The first list is a list of seach terms. The second list is a list of edits.
This loop continues until they check a button on second page, like end “editing” and than the workflow finishes.

What do you think? Would this be helpful for you?
Iris

1 Like

Hi @Iris

Thanks for your answer.
In fact, we have had the same idea and have already done our workflow with a loop (but with just one page, the search table is above the result).

What I want to ask here is having “a separate browser tab or popup” from this page where I can show the detected values of some important columns, so that the users can have an idea on how to search efficiently and then organize their validation (ex : value A for column 1, value Z for column 2…)
We can not show all the values in the same page, as the page is already “heavy”…

Hope I make my question clear enough …

Thanks in advanced,

Thanh Thanh

Hi @tttpham

that is a great idea, I really like it. This is not supported out of the box. It might be possible using a Generic Java Script node and use it to open a windows.

Best wishes, Iris

PS: I will open a Feature Request for this in our ticketing system.

1 Like