New Node or Node Repository Keyboard Shortcut

Hi,

I’m looking for a shortcut to reach the Node Repository, or insert a new node (on Mac)

Ideally something like the cmd+F for searching nodes, but instead of finding existing ones, allow to add a new one based on the search. Or otherwise just to the node repository search window where I can script the rest with AppleScript or something like that.

Regards,
Geoff

2 Likes

Hello @geoffreyb,

Ctrl + spacebar works on Windows to get to Node Repository search. Then Enter to drop it into workflow :wink:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thanks, seems like a might have had a conflicting shortcut elsewhere that impacted that shortcut.

I changed it to something different in preferences --> keys and it now works.

Would love to raise a new future ticket to replicate something similar to the cmd+F shortcut. I really like the search navigations in window rather than having to divert your eyes across to the repository.

Even better would be to able to assign shortcuts to insert popular nodes. Eg if I could press cmd+alt+g -> to insert a groupby, or cmd+alt+j for a joiner. There’s a lot of nodes I use frequently that I wish I could just insert with one combo rather than combining shortcuts with text + arrows keys.

By the way just want to say thanks ipazin for all your amazing support on this forum! Great to have such active involvement with the KNIME community, really appreciate the help you’ve given to me and many others here.

3 Likes

Hello @geoffreyb,

also had some conflict but after reset was working fine. Like the idea of having possibility to define shortcuts for most used nodes. Ticket created (Internal reference: AP-15302)!

Glad to hear that. You are welcome :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.