New to KNIME

Hi, new to KNIME and want to know more details. I feel this is the right place as many of expertise already here and your views are very much helpful for me.

I have basic questions like:

• What is difference between KNIME Server and KNIME Analytics Platform.
  • I installed KNIME Analytics but how to log into browser based webportal.
  • For ex: i have few subjecta areas(terminology related to oracle bi) and do ad-hoc reporting based on that, how can i do that here
  • Coming to license, i see it is open source but just in case have to build any product with it, is it still free or separate licensing involved
  • Is it fully adhoc(self-help) or require lot of developing efforts to make it ad-hoc for end users

Please let us know your valuable comments, in order to evaluate knime for as our solution for BI

Regards

What is difference between KNIME Server and KNIME Analytics Platform.

KNIME Analytics Platform is our Open Source Product. While the Server is your tool for Collaboration, Automatisation and Enterprise Solution KNIME Business Hub | KNIME

I installed KNIME Analytics but how to log into browser based webportal.

The Webportal is based on the KNIME Server. With the KNIME Analytics Platform you don’t get a version of it.

For ex: i have few subjecta areas(terminology related to oracle bi) and do ad-hoc reporting based on that, how can i do that here

You can do reporting in KNIME using the KNIME Birt extension. See here for some doku: KNIME BIRT Report Designer User Guide

Coming to license, i see it is open source but just in case have to build any product with it, is it still free or separate licensing involved

no it is still free in all scenarios.

Is it fully adhoc(self-help) or require lot of developing efforts to make it ad-hoc for end users

You don’t need to do any programming to deploy this to your endusers.

Btw. we will have a KNIME Server Webinar in the beginning of September, you can already register here: https://www.knime.com/about/events/webinar-sharing-deploying-data-science-with-knime-server-september-2018

Cheers, Iris

1 Like