Newbie. Any step by step tutorial on R Integration with KNIME

Hi guys, 

I am very very new here. i am having difficulty finding a step by step guideline on how to implement R Integration with KNIME. 

Also, i would like to knwo more about how to create predictive model using KNIME.

Rgds

Jim 

Hi Jim,

most of the nodes you need to work with R within KNIME can be found under Scripting --> R. The R Snippet is typically one of the most widely used.

Here is how it works in simple terms:

• As you pass a KNIME table as input to the R snippet node, it is converted to an R data frame named knime.in.
  • You can manipulate such data frame within the R snippet node to produce your intended output.
  • Finally you assign the output to the data frame called knime.out. This will be converted back to a KNIME table and produced as output from the R snippet node.

Regarding Predictive Modeling in KNIME, you have plenty of options, including doing it with R (Scripting --> R Learner and R Predictor) or with many of the other available nodes under Analytics and Knime Labs. You may want to share which use cases you are looking at to get more precise suggestions.

Cheers,
Marco.

1 Like