No available Keras Backend

Hi,

I am trying to configure the “DL Keras Network Reader” node, but it tells me, that there is no available keras back end and that I should check my local installation.

I have pure python 2.7 and python 3.5 installed(not anaconda) and on both python there is keras installed. Funnily enough, when I use the “DL Python Network *” nodes I can use keras.

I try restart Knime after installation and have no result.

Any ideas, what I could to do fix this?

Hey @yanchick,

Just to double-check before we dive deeper into your problem: Did you check https://knime.com/deeplearning for installation instructions? :slight_smile:

Best,

Christian

Hey @christian.dietz. Of course i check. In manual use conda, but i use pure python( pip install). May be i can get logs of node?

You can open the KNIME log via View > Open KNIME log or open the log file. Can you copy paste the (relevant parts of) your log file here? Keras version etc are correct?

Best,

Christian

Hi @christian.dietz, @yanchick,

I reactivate this post because I think that I had the same error last Week.

I had Knime 3.6.1 installed and I could used Keras. Then I upgraded Knime to 3.7 (to try jupyter integration ;), and I obtained the same error message as in this post:

Finally I re-installed Knime 3.6.2 and then I could used Keras without problem.

All this without modifing my python/keras installation.

Thus for me it seems that the corrected error in Knime 3.6.1-2 came back …

Could you check this?

Thanks, Lionel

Hi Lionel,

Could you please upload your knime.log file? It can be found in your KNIME workspace directory under .metadata/knime or, within KNIME Analytics Platform, via View > Open KNIME log.

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

Sorry but, as I uninstalled Knime 3.7 and re-installed the 3.6.2 version, the log file I have will not help you.

If necessary I can do the update once again to regenerate the error.

Lionel

Hi Lionel,

If it isn’t too much trouble, this would greatly help :slight_smile:. We’re currently not able to reproduce the problem on any of our machines.

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

I just did the update from Knime 3.6.2 to 3.7.1 and no problem… I cannot reproduce the problem I had.

The only difference is that the first time (when I obtained the error) I did the update starting from the 3.6.1 version.

Thanks for your help,

Lionel

2 Likes

Hi Lionel,

Thanks for double-checking! That’s (probably) good news for KNIME 3.7. We’ll have a look into how 3.6.1 and 3.6.2 differ with respect to their update processes to 3.7. It sounds rather odd that they result in different behaviors.

Marcel

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.