No JWT Builder found in request...

Hi,

I am using file based authentication (Username and password) to connect to KNIME WebPortal. I can connect from my Analytics Platform and deploy my workflow to the server. When I try to view the workflow from server, I get the error, “No JWT builder found in request; may be the KNIME authentication module is outdated or not configured correctly.” I have checked the server administration guide but it didn’t mention any detail of JWT. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Vincent

Hi,
When exactly does the error appear? When you try to open a job in the remote workflow editor in the Analytics Platform? Are you connecting to the server via REST?
Kind regards,
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

It happens when I click/open the job in WebPortal. In fact, I got the same error when I click on any job in “Example”.

Yes, I connect Analytics Platform to Server via REST.

Thanks,

Vincent Zao

Hi,
I think there might still be something shady with your server.xml, especially considering that you also have problems with SSL (How to disable SSL on KNIME server). Let’s solve that one first and then we see if it solves this issue as well, ok? JWT is a technology where the client authenticates and then receives a token from the server that it can use in further requests in lieu of a username and password.
Kind regards,
Alexander

Thanks Alexander.

This happens when I am using port 8080 (non-SSL) connection. Yes, Let’s work on the SSL issue first.

Thanks,

Vincent

Hi Alexander,

The SSL is not our priority at this moment. Getting the Server going is the priority.

The connection is based on port 8080 and there is nothing to deal with the Analytics Platform.

No matter what I choose on the WebPortal:

Anything under Admin, Examples or Users -> ‘my own username’.

This happens to both my personal account or the admin account. My personal account is in Admin group.

Thanks,

Vincent