Node "String to Number" not available from extension "Knime Core" after upgdrading to 4.0

Hi I Just upgraded my Knime to 4.0.2 version (previous 3.7) and found my workflow ran with error on Knime Server (4.7.1 version server), Error message are:

MISSING String To Number 17:2 - WARNING: Node can’t be executed - Node “String To Number” not available from extension “KNIME Core” (provided by “KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland”; plugin “org.knime.base” is installed)

same issue with SQL server connector node: Node “Microsoft SQL Server Connector” not available from extension “KNIME Database” (provided by “KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland”; plugin “org.knime.database.extensions” is installed)

However this workflow executed well on local desktop platform, and was not observed before I do the upgrade to 4.0.2. I tried to re-install related extension (Knime core and Knime database), also tried to re-install the 4.0.2 version, didn’t solve it.

Any hint on this? thanks

Hi @xiaoanxie,

There were some changes to the String to Number node when going from AP 3.7 to 4.0. Since you mention that your KNIME Server is 4.7.1, those changes will not be included in your current server’s executor (which is likely 3.6.x), which is why the node seems unavailable.

I.e., in order to use your workflow created with an AP 4.0.2, you’ll also have to upgrade the server to the latest release.

Cheers,
Roland

1 Like

Hi Roland, thanks for your explanation. One following quick question, can I use the same license file (for 4.7.1) for the latest release? thanks
Xiaoan

Hi Xiaoan, yes, your current license will also work on the latest release!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.