Nodes are not execute after metanode

After collapsing part of the code to metanode, I added Excel Writer and GroupBy directly after metanode. What strange that those nodes could not be executed until metanode is finished. In my other WFs I also used metanodes but they were not been a restriction.

Hi @izaychik63,

not sure I understand. Can you share workflow example?

Br,
Ivan

Hi,

I know picture is worth a thousand words but not sure that can apply here.

The problem is that you had to wait until Metanode is executed in order for Excel Writer and GroupBy node to execute or?

Br,
Ivan

Yes, I have to wait until metanode finished. My expectation that execution of terminal node should activate the chain of execution from beginning nodes.

Hi,

you maybe mean you have to wait until Metanode is executed in order for following nodes to be configured and thus clicked to be executed?

Perhaps something like this? Workflow "routing" bug

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

This is what I’m experiencing too. Please, review metanode behavior it seems inconsistent.
Specifically, taking in account the fact, I use only core KNIME nodes.

1 Like

Hi @izaychik63,

I will check it and get back to you.

Edit: Can you maybe share an example workflow?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

I see it is still a problem with the new Knime 4.0… At least with my example workflow in the thread you linked.

Best,
Aswin

Hi Aswin,

tnx for reporting it. I will check it and get back to this topic.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi @Aswin, @izaychik63,

I did check this one a bit and as a workaround option Execute all executable nodes should work.

Anyways there is already a ticket for this one and your feedback has been noted.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thank you @ipazin! :smiley: Nice to know that there is a ticket for it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @izaychik63, @Aswin,

the fix for this one is implemented with KNIME 4.2.
https://www.knime.com/changelog-v42 (AP-9721)

Br,
Ivan

5 Likes