Not able to download nodes from NodePit

Dear all,

I’m using Knime 4.1 and just installed the NodePit extension. After Installation, inserting my credentials and mounting, I see the NodePit workspace in my Knime explorer. Nevertheless, I can not browse in the public workspace (on left-clicking at “public”, nothing happens).
What is more important to is that I’m not able to get some nodes from NodePit to my own workspace. I don’t know how it would be done and als what mistake I made eventually at installation or what else I failed to do.

Could someone please give advise regarding this ?

Kind regards

Michael

0 Likes

Hi Michael,

Everything fine. You didn’t do any mistake. You are nearly there!

The NodePit entry in the KNIME Explorer with its public folder is meant to upload and download workflows to NodePit. Everything you put into the public folder will show up here on the NodePit website.

As I understood, you’d like to install new nodes that are not already in your Node Repository. Therefore, browse to your favourite node in the NodePit View and click on the tiny icon behind the update site url as seen in the screenshot below. If the NodePit view is not already shown, open it with View → Other… → NodePit → NodePit.

Clicking on the icon opens the installation dialog. Follow the instructions, restart KNIME once requested and find the new node in the Node Repository afterwards. Let me know if you struggle somewhere. Happy to provide you more help :wink:

Best regards,
Daniel

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

many thank for your quick reply. I now installed the nodes I needed. Regarding the “Public” folder in the Knime explorer, I’m still a little bit confused. It appears to me as if it is meant for uploading only (?). I was able to download an example workflow from the node pit space and to import it into my knime workspace, but the knime public folder was not involved in this. Am I right with my assumption that the public folder is only for upload or is there something remaining to do to use it properly (e.g. browsing public workflows) ?

Kind regards

Michael

0 Likes

Hi Michael,

Sure. Happy to hear you managed it.

You are right regarding NodePit in the KNIME Explorer. It is meant to upload your workflows and share them with others via the website. But you can also download your workflows again to your machine or any machine you are logged in. Consider it as your private and public storage for workflows.

Other users currently have to download workflows you share (in your public folder) as file via the website (or the NodePit View) and import them as you already did. There is currently no way to download or browse other user’s public workflows directly via the KNIME Explorer.

But I agree, as a user you would expect to browse and download / drag&drop all listed workflows on NodePit from within the plugin. And as usual when a user provides a great idea, let’s see what the near future brings :grin:

Best regards,
Daniel

0 Likes

Hi Daniel,

thanks again for your soon reply and the clarification regarding the knime explorer. Now, I’m curious about the new nodes :blush:

Kind regards

Michael

1 Like