Number to String Problem

Hi all;’

This is probably a basic question but I’m not really sure how to get rid of this problem.
I have an input file with some codes, these are taken by Knime as Double, when I use Number to String node to transform the values to Strings then I get the below output

Original Value:

After Conversion:
4.015400550433E12

How can I get rid of the E12 that’s being added to all values? I just want to have the full number but as string.

1 Like

You can use the String Manipulation node to remove the unwanted characters.

Not sure why above happens but if you use Long problem is solved. I would say number length.
You can use Column Expressions node and toLong() function with String as new column type :wink:
Ivan

2 Likes

But removing “E12” still leaves wrong value (4.015…) Right?
Seems operations on double numbers work up to 7 digits. If there is more digits they are transformed to decimal and “Ex” is added where x is number of decimal places…
Br,
Ivan

Correct, but I thought maybe he wasn’t interested in maintaining the scientific notation for some reason.

1 Like

I’m interested in having the actual number without the scientific notation. Is there a way to do this?

See @ipazin first post above about toLong() in Column Expressions node :slight_smile:

@ipazin, @ScottF Thanks both for your help! this did the trick! :smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.