Oracle Connector not accepting configuration after upgrade to 4.01

After upgrading to 4.01 on MacOS this morning my Oracle Connector nodes stopped working.

The message I get when trying to configure them are a message box showing the following:

nvalid settings:

The “Protocol” token is not available in the driver URL template. Please refer to the node documentation for the available URL template tokens depending on the chosen settings.

I’m not able to successfully update the Oracle Connector settings for either old and new connections. This worked fine with 4.00 prior to the update.

Is this a bug? Any workarounds or ways to roll back the 4.01 update on my machine?

best regards
Håvard

Hi @havarde,
This seems to be an issue with the URL template in the settings of the driver that you are using.
You have to substitute the with a valid protocol. The node description of the Oracle driver already provides an example for a valid URL template.
You find the setting in Preferences -> KNIME -> Database
There you have to edit the Oracle driver that you are using and change the template in the URL template field to a valid template (The one in the node description should work for you, because it is the one, previously used).

This is not a bug, it is just caused by another bugfix. The bug was that the template was only used in the generic Connector node.

However we will have another look into this considering you current issues.
best regards
Mareike

Hello havarde,
I’m sorry for the inconveniences this change caused you. This change was necessary to allow users to use different kinds of drivers in the dedicated database nodes such as the OCI driver in the Oracle Connector node. This wouldn’t be possible without this change.

For the Oracle thin driver the URL template is

jdbc:oracle:thin:@<host>:<port>/<database>

so the driver registration window should look similar to the the following:

For further details please have a look at the new JDBC URL Template section of the database documentation. With KNIME 4.0.1 we have also updated the node description of all dedicated connector node to provide detailed information about the available options. In addition we will improve the user experience of the driver preference page with the next release to make it easier for you to provide the appropriate template.
Bye
Tobias

I was hit by the same problem after the ugprade from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1. Your post led me to the solution. However, in my case, I had to use the following string to get my installation working:

Thank you.
Vinu.

Thank you for your reply.

I managed to get it to work by switching from the “Oracle Connector” node to the generic “DB Connector” node and enter correct connection URL.

However, I also now get the original “Oracle connector” node to work after manually changing the template to

Thanks for the help.

You are right. I changed my post accordingly.
Thanks
Tobias

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.