Oracle Wallet

Hi,

I should use an Oracle Wallet Connection.

Is there anyone has already done? I need help. Thank you

Hi,

if you have setup Oracle Wallet corretly it should work with KNIME just do not enter any user name and password in the Database Connector node.

Bye

Tobias

thanks  :)

Hi Tobias,

I'have tried the wallet connection but it seems doesn't work.

In attachement my configuration in DATABASE Connector (I'm using knime 3.2.1)

Have you an example for correct configuration?

Thanks

Hi,

have a look at the follwoing post about hwo to setup a java client such as KNIME to use Oracle wallet.

To register all the jars (step 2) in KNIME copy them into a single directory and register it in KNIME via File->Preferences KNIME->Database by clicking on the Add directory button.

Add the system properties (step 3) via the knime.ini file which is located in the KNIME installation directory.

Bye

Tobias

Thanks Tobia! :)
Bye

Hi,
I should set up the wallet using knime 4.3 version but I can’t make it work.
These are the details of the error. Could you help me?
Thank you

TSNAMES.ORA

ISOS1_KNIME = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx.xxxxx )(PORT = ???))(CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME = ISOS1 )))

SQLNET.ORA

WALLET_LOCATION =

(SOURCE =

(METHOD = FILE)

(METHOD_DATA =

(DIRECTORY = *:\***********\12.2.0\client_1\NETWORK\ADMIN)

)

)

SQLNET.WALLET_OVERRIDE = TRUE

SSL_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION = FALSE

SSL_VERSION = 0

KNIME.INI

-Doracle.net.tns_admin= :**********\12.2.0\client_1\NETWORK\ADMIN

-Doracle.net.wallet_location= :**********\12.2.0\client_1\NETWORK\ADMIN

Hello romarra,
did you also register the additional library files that are necessary for Oracle wallet:
oraclepki.jar , osdt_core.jar , and osdt_cert.jar?
To do so either copy all the jars into a directory and register the directory or add all files separately as described in the db documentation. More details about the configuration can be also found in the Oracle documentation.

If you still have problems connecting please also post the error message here but make sure that it does not contain any sensitive information.
Bye
Tobias

1 Like

Hi Tobias, I added libraries in CLASSPATH and also in knime. The error is as follows:

ERROR DB Connector 0:7 Execute failed: ORA-01005: null password given; logon denied

Hello romarra,
sorry for the long silence. Can you please try to use a Credential Input node with no user name and password as in the attached workflow. Even if you select none as authentication method the DB framework will add an empty password property to the connection string which seems to cause problems with Oracle wallet. This is a bug and I have opened a ticket to fix this.
Bye
Tobias

OracleWallet.knwf (9.4 KB)

1 Like

Hi Tobias, I just tried the example but it still goes wrong:

DEBUG Oracle Connector 3:1180 New database session: DefaultDBSessionInformation(id=6b8129d6-1d2c-4fcc-89d3-3e6b48ad1ac5, dbType=DBType(id=oracle, name=Oracle, description=null), driverDefinition=DBDriverDefinition(id=ORACLE_OCI, name=ORACLE_OCI, version=12.2.0, driverClass=oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver, dbType=DBType(id=oracle, name=Oracle, description=null), description=, origin=USER), connectionController=org.knime.database.connection.UserDBConnectionController=(url=jdbc:oracle:oci:@xxx_KNIME, authenticationType=CREDENTIALS, credential=emptyCredential), dialectId=oracle, attributeValues={})

INFO Oracle Connector 3:1180 Could not create connection to database using URL: jdbc:oracle:oci:@xxx_KNIME and parameters: [user, password]. Exception: ORA-01017: nome utente/password non validi; connessione rifiutata

DEBUG Oracle Connector 3:1180 reset
ERROR Oracle Connector 3:1180 Execute failed: ORA-01017: nome utente/password non validi; connessione rifiutata

Hello romarra,
I’m sorry to hear that. We will have a bug fix release soon and we will try to fix the problem until then. Unfortunately we do not have an Oracle DB with Wallet based authentication for testing. So it would be great if you could help us with the testing once the problem is fixed by trying it with the nightly build.
Bye
Tobias

Thank you Tobias, I will gladly be a tester for the new release.

1 Like

Super. I will get back to you beginning of next week for the testing.
Thanks a lot for your help.
Tobias

1 Like

Hello romarra,
we have changed the behavior of the Oracle Connector node in the nightly build of the KNIME Analytics Platform. Can you please download it from here.
Once downloaded please perform an update via File->Update KNIME… to be sure that you have the latest version of the database extension.
After that please install the Oracle driver with all the companion files as before. By the way it should be enough if you register the files without the folders:
In the Oracle Connector select None as authentication type.

Thanks for your help and patience to get this working.

Bye
Tobias

Hi Tobias,
Sorry for the delay in answering. The test I did on the wallet went well.
The fix seems to work correctly. Can you tell me when it will be released permanently?

Hi romarra,
thanks for testing. We are performing some final tests on the release. If no big problems come up during the tests we will release KNIME Analytics Platform 4.3.2 with the Oracle Wallet fix this week. I will post an update here once it is released.
Bye
Tobias

Hi romarra,
KNIME Analytics Platform 4.3.2. is released which addresses this problem. You can find further information in the change log.

Bye
Tobias