Parse multiple folders

Hi,

I am looking for a way to search for a whole list of documents on a specific location on the server.
We have some catalogues created in indesign but the foto’s/files are all over the place. Is there a way in knime to search the folder they are in? The names are just numbers and if I can find out in what folder they are than I can add some tags in our DAM system
Or is this something that I cannot do with Knime?

Hi @cinthy

With the List Files/Folders node you retrieve all elements on (a specific) location. And from there you can extract Meta Info and more from those elements (files).
See
KNIME_project2.knwf (21.5 KB)

After that you can use a Row Based Row Filter (Dictionay) to filter the elements.

gr. Hans

4 Likes

SOLVED !

I found the checkbox

Hi Hans,

Thank you for the info but can I also find files in the subfolders?

If I search in folder ISU than I would also like to get the files from subfolder “Status” and even the other folders in this folder. Or is that to much to ask and do I have to make different flow for each folder?

Gr
Cinthy

1 Like

Hi @cinthy Glad I could help you out. Please mark the post as the solution with the :white_check_mark: when you get around to it. It helps point future user’s searches toward correct answers to their questions, and helps forum admins to avoid questions slipping through the cracks and going unanswered.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.