Passing Local Variables to BIRT Report Designer

Hi,

I am currently nearing the completion of building a report with BIRT report designer, and I have a table in which the title is along the lines of "Table shows targets from x number of days". I want x to be replaced by a variable from a quick form node so that this workflow can be used from the KNIME WebPortal.

How do you access Local Variables from a KNIME Workflow in the BIRT Report Designer for inserting into a mid-sentence.

Simon.

Hi Simon,

The reporting extension only sees workflow variables (these are then called report parameters); so it won't help here.

I suggest that you prepare the labels in KNIME (using the String Manipulation node and flow variables) and then send the labels as a table to the reporting extension. You will probably run into the problem that you can only assign one data set (= one Data to Report node) with a report element. You can work around that problem by wrapping report elements (one or many) in a grid element and then associate the grid with table A and the report element in the grid with table B.

Hope that helps,

Bernd

Many thanks for the help. That was most useful.

Simon.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.