Passing WF credentials into a component for Amazon

Hi,
Is there a way to pass Workflow Credentials into a shared component?

I want to encapsulate Amazon Authentication + Athena Connection nodes in a shared component that reads from Athena, and an Amazon S3 Connection node in another shared component that should access files in S3.
I want these connections to use Workflow Credentials.
I find that workflow credentials are not visible in the flow variables, unlike credentials created by a Credentials Configuration node. It means that I cannot pass workflow credentials into a component (neither by configuring the Component Input, nor by using a Credentials Configuration node within the component).

Another problem I meet is that if I try using a Credentials Configuration node rather than WF credentials, I fail to connect to Amazon using Amazon Authentication + Athena Connection nodes (but I do succeed connecting to S3 using an Amazon S3 Connection node).

Thanks!
Dror Mirzayof

Hi there,

we are recommending the usage of credentials flow variables here. Those can be made accessible with the Credentials Configuration .
You can than use those in the scheduling to set the parameter during job creation.

Best, Iris

1 Like

Hi Iris,
thank you for you reply.
As I wrote in the end of my post, when I try using a Credentials Configuration node rather than WF credentials, I fail to connect to Amazon using Amazon Authentication + Athena Connection nodes (but I do succeed connecting to S3 using an Amazon S3 Connection node with exactly the same credentials from the same Credentials Configuration node).
The error I get from Amazon Athena Connector node is:
Execute failed: [Simba]AthenaJDBC Failed to create AWS Credentials Provider class: org.knime.cloud.aws.athena.connector.KNIMEAWSCredentialsProvider.

When I use the same access key, secret key, account and role in the same Amazon Authentication node, but directly configuring them in node’s configuration window, it does work.

Is it a bug in Amazon Authentication (or Amazon Athena Connector) node?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.