Password-Protection of Workflows and/or Components Knime Server

Hello,

is there a way to “protect” a workflow and/or Components on kinme server with a password ?

Thanks…

Hi @Tim8200,

in the webportal / server you could restrict the access to a workflow/component through the user authorizations e.g. create the folder “private” and only grant the authorization to certain users.

If you want the user to start the workflow but not edit the process - then i would only grant him webportal access.

If you want to enable the users to start and edit the workflow but not enable him to see certain parts - then i think that is only possible in knime server large:

https://www.knime.com/knime-software/knime-server-pricing
Encrypt metanodes to secure content and protect intellectual property

Depending on the usecase you might be able to encrypt it yourself - but most likely not the easiest solution.

Hello,
i found the solution.
adding the following line to knime.ini “-Knime.show action.metanodelock=true” activates the Lock funktion in the menue…

3 Likes

Hi,
I have added the option in my knime.ini and unfortunately, I do not see the option in any menu.
Where is it supposed to appear?
I have also tried with
-Knime.show.action.metanodelock=true
but also no effect.

Regards,

Sébastien

Hello,

I’d like to correct some information on this thread. To activate the locking of components, please follow these steps:

1. Shut down KNIME Analytics Platform
  2. Add the following line to your knime.ini file:
    -Dknime.showaction.metanodelock=true
  3. Restart KNIME Analytics Platform

The next steps, as mentioned previously, do require a KNIME Server Large to use:

1. write in a support ticket to support@knime.com and we provide you with a Hex code to use on your components to lock them.
  2. Once you receive the response, you can use the hex code plus your password for encrypting Components and/or Metanodes. (See the ‘Lock…’ option in the Component/Metanode context menu by right-clicking the component/metanode.)

Thank you,
Nickolaus

[1] Encryption of a component or metanode on knime large server