Peptide reader

Hi,
What’s the best way to read sequences of short peptides and convert them to SMILES(?) to further calculate descriptors?
I tried to upload a FASTA file and use openbabel for conversion, but it interprets the fasta sequence as nucleotides, not amino acids.

Tnx

1 Like

What format do you have your peptide sequences in? I would assume they are in a String column as standard single-letter codes?

Steve

Yes, strings of single-letter codes

1 Like

OK, so we have an internal node which will do exactly this. You can choose ‘alphabet’ type (Protein, DNA, RNA etc), and the node will output a SMILES string. As it does not rely on any toolkits and therefore has no library loading or format conversion overheads, it is reasonably fast too.

I have just requested formal permission to release the node. Assuming no objections are raised, then that should be possible within the next few days.

Steve

1 Like

Sounds great! thanks! waiting for updates…

1 Like

The nodes have just been release - see Update to v1.35.0 - New 'Speedy Sequence' nodes and PDB Connector Query Builder Bug Fix for details

Steve

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.