PeptideIndexer failed to execute

Hello guys! 

I have a problem when I am running the Peptide Indexerer. I always get the following error message.

ERROR PeptideIndexer       0:9        Failing process stdout: [Error: Unable to read file (While loading 'C:\Users\dd47kike\AppData\Local\Temp\knime_minimal WF60094\knime_fs-ZipLoopStart_0_5-60096\000\000\0_0_OMSSAAdapter_0\Mmar_60_1.idXML': exceeded byte limit at byte 'ü' in a 6-byte sequence( in line 1 column 39) in: C:\Users\dd47kike\AppData\Local\Temp\knime_minimal WF60094\knime_fs-ZipLoopStart_0_5-60096\000\000\0_0_OMSSAAdapter_0\Mmar_60_1.idXML)]
ERROR PeptideIndexer       0:9        Failing process stderr: [..\..\..\OpenMS\src\openms\source\FORMAT\HANDLERS\XMLHandler.cpp(103): While loading 'C:\Users\dd47kike\AppData\Local\Temp\knime_minimal WF60094\knime_fs-ZipLoopStart_0_5-60096\000\000\0_0_OMSSAAdapter_0\Mmar_60_1.idXML': exceeded byte limit at byte 'ü' in a 6-byte sequence( in line 1 column 39)]
ERROR PeptideIndexer       0:9        Execute failed: Failed to execute node PeptideIndexer

How can I solve it? What do I have to type into the Decoy_string value line?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

it seems like the file includes non-UTF8 conform German "Umlaute". Please remove them.

Avoid this by not having Umlaute in your filenames, too. Sometimes input filenames will be written into the results to keep track of how the results were generated. If this is not the case you would need to upload your file so I can have a look.

The decoy_string depends on how you generated your decoy database. This is usually a prefix in the protein accession with one of "rev", "reversed", "shuffled", "dec", "decoy" or their uppercase counterparts.

To be sure, please have a look in your .fasta database.

Cheers

Julianus

Hi!

Sadly I couldn't find any mistake in my files or in the filenames. :(

Which files do I have to upload and where can I do so? 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Darja

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.