Performance of creating interactive view of wrapped metanode

Hello,

the generation of an interactive view out of a wrapped metanode takes round about 3 minutes on my I7 Laptop. Is that normal? What can I do?
I changed the knime.ini -Xmx value, what size do you recommend? Max. 16 GB are available.
I have the ChromeBrowser V74 installed, in the preferences there is V70 and V69-V71 in the Options. What do you recommend here?
Any other hint?

Best regards
Sabine

0 Likes

Hi there Sabine,

Is this case with every interactive view or only with this one metanode? Three minutes is a bit too much…

Just to compare: I have older laptop with i3, around 3 GBs assigned to KNIME and using V70 and don’t think it took more than 30 seconds to open any Interactive view.

Additionally the first opening of a interactive view (initialization) takes longer. Any subsequent opening takes less.

0 Likes

It happens with several wrapped metanodes in different Workflows (including Knime User Training workflow) and also with quickforms.

0 Likes

Do I have to install Chromium in addition to Chrome? And perhaps Chromium has to be configured? How?

0 Likes

Hi Sabine,

did you solve this one? I’m using Chromium actually but just tried with Chrome and it makes no difference.

Br,
Ivan

0 Likes

(I answered via email, but this will not be posted here, right?)

In the meantime I changed the configuration of the firewall to “middle” and now it works much faster.

0 Likes

Hi,

not sure what email but pretty sure it will not be posted here :smiley:

Glad it works much better now :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

0 Likes