Pivot table like in Excel

Hi,

I have source data (please see attachments).

Tree Ensemble Learner

I can generate nice pivot table in excel

Tree Ensemble Learner

, but one generated in Knime has strange Pivots (IC50_@10uM) with no values for this pivot.

Tree Ensemble Learner

Is there a way to get right column headers (IC50 and Inh_@10uM) and values for it?

Filip

PS: I've tried to enclose tables in body text of this post, but I'm afraid it is not possible in this forum :(

Hi Filip,

Have you tried applying the Domain Calculator (before the Pivoting node) to remove the extra columns? I think if you filtered the table the domain remain the same, that might be the cause for the extra columns.

If it does not help, maybe my previous attempt would: Pivot and Merge. (I have to admit these are not trivial to use and not updated to 2.8, so I would recommend the first solution.)

Cheers, gabor

Hi Gabor,

thanks for the answer. I didn't use Domain Calculator, but with a Domain Calculator the result is the same. The workflow consists of two nodes: Table Creator with sample data and Pivoting (please see atachement).

I've upgraded to 2.8.

best wishes,

Filip

Maybe the attached file contains a setup working for you. The column names are not customizable with Pivoting (though it is with Pivot, althought there seems to be a bug with the missing values).

Thanks for the workflow, however the resulting table doesn't contain all information needed  (in this case "experiment conditions" is lost).

best wishes,

Filip

2 posts were split to a new topic: Pivot table like Excel