Pivoting - ? column

Hello,

My question is regarding a missing value column <?> not simply missing values in an existing column.

After I apply the pivot node, I receive one extra column <?>. How can I get rid of this column. MY flow will create dynamically every month 1 extra column this is ok, I just want to get rid of the <?> column.

I hope someone can answer generally whithout having to send specific workflows in this case.

Thanks a lot.

Hello @keizersoz2,

if I understood you correctly you are getting a Non-native column type after Pivoting. Non-native usually occurs when data types are combined (e.g. Numeric and String) and is marked with question mark. To filter it you can use Type Selection option within Column Filter node with all type options marked. However I would personally try to fix it so that Pivoting node doesn’t produce this extra column if possible.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. You’re right about trying to fix this, but I want in first instance to get rid of this and to fix this later.

I’m not sure if Column Filter can be used here, because on each monthly iteration a new column is generated for the new month, so if i use a column filter for existing months what will be the impact on the new column on the automatic run if it was not included in advance?

Thanks

Hello @keizersoz2,

with Type Selection option each time you will include (exclude) columns based on their types and regardless of their existence at node’s configuration time.

ColumnFilterTypeSelection

But this will only work if column type of columns you want to keep are available for selection in above screenshot.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.