Placement of new meta nodes

Dear KNIMErs,

Just a quick bug report: When creating a new meta node it apparently defaults to the center of the work flow. The problem is therefore with extensive work flows (that actually benefit from meta nodes in the first place) - even if your viewport is, let's say, in the bottom right hand corner of the workflow, the meta node would still be created in the workflow's centre, i.e. outside the viewport. As that's quite confusing, I'd suggest to tie the node creation to the viewport, the centre of which may still be impractical (e.g. due to many adjacent nodes and overlap), but it's at least visible at once. The gold-plated solution would try to look for an unoccupied spot in the viewport, but I guess that can wait until 3.x... ;-)

Thanks
E

Oh, and a related issue: Pasting nodes into meta nodes pasted them with inherited locations - in my case, very far out right, even though it would have easily fit the current viewport, betwen the internal metanode connectors.

Has pasting behaviour changed, by the way?

Thanks
E

Yepp, that's certainly worth a bug report.  Thanks!

As for pasting copied nodes ... try right-click -> "Paste". It will insert the clipboard content at the current mouse position. If you use "Ctrl-V" it will use the coordinates from the original node (plus some offset).

Thanks anyway,
  Bernd