Plotly / KNIME Labs

Good afternoon,

I installed KNIME 4.2 and the extensions via the zip-file… but I did not find plotly in KNIME 4.2.

Have I missed something?

Thank you for your support

Best regards,
Jürgen

Hi there @Juergen,

Just tried it out and under KNIME Labs Extensions group I see Plotly Extension. Is it maybe already installed and you have option Hide items that are already installed checked?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ipazin,

thank you very much for your fast reply…
I will check it

Best regards,

Jürgen

Hi Ipazin,

I have re-install KNIME on my WIn10 Laptop using the zip-files (> Screenshot).

Plotly is not available in the KNIME Labs section (> Screenshot)

Any idea ?

Best regards,

Jürgen

Installation_Files

Hi @Juergen,

can you tell me how do you install your extensions? From KNIME you go File --> Install KNIME Extensions...? And there you can not locate KNIME Plotly under KNIME Labs Extensions group? Or some other way?

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

I have used
“Help > Install” and used the downloaded zip-file.

It is strange as I have found two jar files with “plotly” in the file name in the zip-file…
… and I have selected all items and this is “confirmed” if I try to add something out of this zip file.

Your proposal needs an internet connction without restriction (firewall) which is not the case on my company laptop.

Best regards,
Jürgen

Hi @Juergen,

can you check this link? It explains/shows you how to add local update sites to your update site list. When you do so you’ll be able to install extensions following my proposal. Make sure to disable other update sites that provide same extensions. See screenshot of my preferences:

Local_4.2 points to KNIME update sites as zip files downloaded from above link.

Then I can normally see KNIME Plotly under KNIME Labs Extensions.

Hope this helps!

Br,
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

I can see Plotly as well, but trying to get it installed, an error message “…already installed” is shown.
Before the installation gets stopped with the error message, there are messages “Cannot perform operation. Trying alterate solution.”

But I do not see the nodes in KNIME Labs. It’s very strange.
Moreover, I have the impression that e.g. “KNIME Expressions” and "KNIME Microsoft R Integration is also not “visible” as nodes.

Perhaps I will reinstall using my “free” Internet connection at home (over the weekend).

Thank you very much so far.

Hello @Juergen,

finally some progress although nodes still not visible :slight_smile:

From time to time I have seen these issues (extensions installed but not visible in Node Repository). Usually following helps:

1. Uninstall current installation
  2. Install a fresh one with different workspace location if possible (create a backup of current workspace!)
  3. Follow instructions from above list and only try to install KNIME Plotly Extensions first. Seems to me you have a lot of extensions installed and I guess you installed them all at once so during this huge install possibly something doesn’t get installed properly…

Additionally before above steps you can try starting your KNIME with -clean parameter.
See here: Knime suddenly very slow

Br,
Ivan

Hello Ivan,
I followed your procedure and now Plotly is visible in the Labs section.

Thank you very much

Jürgen

1 Like

Hello @Juergen,

glad to hear that!

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.