Plotly KNIME node feature request

Hi

Thanks again for the nice plotly integration :).

Is it possible currently and if not would it be possible to allow a user to specify the axis dimensions on the plots.

For example I’m plotting a PCA projection using the 2D Density Plot of two groups and I’d like to be able to normalise the axis dimensions so the different plots are comparable.

Cheers

Sam

1 Like

Hi @swebb,

There was already a ticket for that in our system, which just got magically bumped :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback!

Christian

1 Like

@christian.dietz Thank you :slight_smile:

On a related note, the Line Plot (Plotly) node lets you select RowId as the X-Axis column but then throws an exception at execution:

Execute failed: This node has not been configured yet. Please open the dialog and ensure the proper columns have been selected.

Workaround is to use the RowId node to extract the RowIds to a new column. I assume that as the RowId is selectable it was intended to be usable?

Cheers

Sam

1 Like

At the risk of sounding like I’m not happy with the nodes (which isn’t true), it would be nice if the scatter element on the 2D density plot was optional. The scatter layer is useful to identify points falling outside the dense regions but can sometimes not be desirable to render.

Cheers

Sam

EDIT: Whoops, if I turn on the legend I can disable the scatter

1 Like

Hi there @swebb,

There is already a ticket in a system for this.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Is the ticket system visible to the public? I know of several software companies that show at least some outstanding tickets on a public facing version of YouTrack, Jira, etc.

Hi there @Snowy ,

ticketing system is not public. Any examples?

Br,
Ivan

Hey @swebb,

Just wanted to follow up specifically on the RowId issue and let you know that it will be fixed in the upcoming 4.1 release. Hope this helps!

Best,
Ben

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.