Plugins are not updating

Good Day, Dear KNIME users :blush:

We have our self written plugin
By the instruction, I placed it into dropins folder. After restarting KNIME, it appeared automatically in Node Repository.
But after reinstalling KNIME (I placed it into dropins as well), it is not appearing in Node Repository
Do you know, how to solve this issue

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Hi,
It could be that the plugin has dependencies that cannot be met. You can open KNIME’s OSGi console by running it from command line like this (Linux and macOS): ./knime -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -console -noExit or this (Windows): knime.exe -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -console -noExit. This opens a console where you can manually load and activate plugins and diagnose what goes wrong when doing so. Please have a look here for further information on how to work with the OSGi console: OSGi Modularity and Services - Tutorial.
Kind regards,
Alexander

5 Likes

Thanks @AlexanderFillbrunn, @aworker , I was able to solve the problem. These nodes are related to Amazon, so after installing Amazon extensions, I was able to work with those created nodes
Thank you @AlexanderFillbrunn for your support :star_struck:

3 Likes

Hi @Karlygash,

I strongly advise you not to use the dropin folder and instead create a feature and update site project as described in our documentation:
Create a New KNIME Extension: Quickstart Guide

Using that process would have also automatically installed the amazon extension together with your extension.

best,
Gabriel

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.