Populate A Multi Selection QuickForm with an (upfront) unknown number of entries

Dear all,

do you know a possibility to populate the multi selection quickform with an unknown number of entries?

Thank you very much for any hint?

Best regards,
Jürgen

… I just found a way to do something similar…

The value filter can be used to select (multiple) row entries of a column…

Best regards,
Jürgen

2 Likes

Hey @Juergen,

please share a screenshot of your solution or a copy of your workflow - sharing is caring in an active community. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

you are absolutely right…
So, the background of my request was to enable an interactive method to select multiple entries which are unknown upfront in the “list-of-file”-loop. The files to be imported aren’t always structured identical, therefore a simple loop will not work. For the further process only few variables are needed which are used in each file…
My solution is shown in the attached screenshot…

The first file reader imports from the list of files a reference file to select the variables needed.
The R-Script is as well attached, as it handles the import of the csv-files. “Our” csv-files were exported from Excel (comma as decimal separator), therefore the read.csv2 command in R has been used.

Best regards,
Jürgen

R-Script

1 Like

Hey @Juergen,

thanks for sharing. Just a quick thought from my side: You stated, that the csv-files are not always structured the same.
Assumption

• csv files at hand contain one or more column of the same name (payload) and none, one or many additional column (dead freight)
  • only payload is needed
  • dead freight may get removed

Approach

• Loop thru the files, concatenate them using the “intersect” clause
  • Hence, only payload and dead freight is passed onto the following workflow that appears in all(!) of the files.

Benefit

• Less complex workflow (i.e., easier to understand / maintain and maybe faster)

Downside

• Not all dead freight may get removed
1 Like

Hi Patrick,

that is a very good idea… thank you very much…

Best regards,
Jürgen