POS regex

After using POS tagging nodes, is it possible to filter row using POS regular expressions such that one can select only those that match Any noun any verb any Noun patterns? maybe using perl or python or other nodes?

Hi @InsilicoConsulting -

I’m not aware of a way to do this, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible :slight_smile:

I’m asking around internally to see if any of our other data scientists have done this. I’ll let you know what I find out.

I’m not a Python expert by any means, but I did find this:

http://www.nltk.org/book/ch05.html

In particular, Example 2.3 looks similar to what you’re trying to do. Does that help?

Thanks Scott , chapter 05 was indeed my inspiration. I figured out how to do this in knime. Basically generate bag of words after POS tagging wherein tags for each document are in sequential rows. Then use group for Document column and concatenate terms column generated from BOW. Then follow with regex node. Easier said than done but at least a solution without leaving cozy confines of knime :slight_smile:

Ah, very nice! Glad you were able to come up with something.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.