Possible bug: "Subset Matcher"-node

Dear KNIME-Team,

I have encountered a possible bug in the "Subset Matcher"-node regarding the "Maximum mismatches". I have prepared a minimum example to reproduce the behaviour from the field of association anaylsis.

There are 3 sets of items constituting the antecedents in corresponding association rules. When the "Maximum mismatches" are set to 0 the outcome is as expected. When these are set to 1 regarding the fuzzy matching restriction I would expect the LHS-set [01] not to match the second and 4th purchase which do not contain the item 01. In contrast to this the LHS-set [07] is not matched against the first 3 purchases. This seems inconsistent to me.

Best regards
Martin

PS:
Knime Version 3.1.1
Windows 7, no further details accessible due to shrinked user priviliges

Hello Martin,

thanks for reporting this issue which occured if the fuzzy match is greater 0 and the first matching item e.g. [07] was larger then the item to match e.g. [01]. The issue will be fixed with the next KNIME version which will be released at the beginning of July. The set [07] now also matches the set [01] and [02] if one missmatch is allowed.

Bye

Tobias

Hello Martin,

on friday we released 3.2 which also includes your bugfix. Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers, Iris