PowerBI Integration

Yes I agree It would be interesting yo see both tools

Hey

Can somebody please reply for this?

Thanks,

Nagaraj

Hello,

Any updates on connecting the data prepared in KNIME to Power BI?

Thanks,

Divya

Hi there, also from my side it would be interesting to know how to connect to Power BI. Thanks and best regards, Marc

Hello @Marc_Michaelis,

You have to use either the Web Connector or a Power Query to import data from KNIME rest api. You can see some examples here:

I agree it would probably be good to see an example of this in KNIME.

Best,
Haystack

Hi Roland,
Do you have any examples of how to set this up? This seems to be a common request, haven’t seen a solution on the forum yet.
Thanks!

Hi All,

I use Knime to manipulate the data and write the data in the sql database and from there I read the information with the power BI, the easier way to make this works.

2 Likes

With KNIME 4.1 release KNIME Power BI Integration is now available.

8 Likes

Once I publish Knime tables as a Power BI dataset it´s not possible to config the relationships among tables in Power BI desktop. Any ideas to do that?

Hi @rafaelesanto83,

See this topic: Power BI Table Relationships

It is not yet possible to define the relationships in the KNIME node and once the dataset is uploaded it cannot be changed. We are working on supporting relationships.

Best
Benjamin

6 Likes

Enabling defining of relationships in Power BI node would be so beneficial as right now it’s a real constraint. Any idea as to when this modification may come out? Thanks

Hello @dpowyslybbe,

don’t know about time frames but have added +1 to existing ticket for you (Internal reference: AP-14326).

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Hi @bwilhelm, table relationships would be a great addition to the Power BI integration! Thank you so much!

Best,
Haystack

1 Like

Hello @dpowyslybbe, @Haystack, @rafaelesanto83 and other Power BI users,

with new KNIME version 4.4.0 Send to Power BI node has been enhanced with possibility to define relationships. Additionally it has been moved out of Labs. Give it a try and as always feedback is welcome!

Check out here for more together with list of other nodes moved out of Labs:

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

Hi Ivan,

This is great news! So happy to hear that relationships can now be defined in the Send to Power BI node! Thank you for continuing to improve KNIME + Power BI integrations. @ipazin

Best,
Haystack

2 Likes

Great!!!

To make this node even better, it’s possible in the future enable authentication using service principal?

I believe that this conector use a push method. The disvantage of this it’s the restriction to improve the model using other tools like tabular editor, ALM etc. It’s also possible to create an option to use Tabular Object Model (TOM)?

Many thanks!

1 Like

Hi @rafaelesanto83,

Thank you for the suggestions. I noted them down and we will look into it!

1 Like

Hello @rafaelesanto83 ,
we just release version 4.7 of the KNIME Analytics Platform which adds support for authentication with a service principal/application secret in the Microsoft Authentication node.
For an overview of all the new features have a look at the What’s new page. For all the details go to the changelog.
Bye
Tobias

This is awesome, Tobias! Thank you!