Pre-processing: creating a table for every feature

Hi, I am new to KNIME and I have this issue. I have a table that looks like this:

I want to transform the table in this way so I can have a table where each column represents a product.
2021-04-20 23_41_25-Book1 - Excel (Product Activation Failed)
After this the goal is to cluster based on different variables, firstly to create the table of Order for every product and then, to be able to change the column and produce the same table (Views for each product).

Is there any way to do this in KNIME and be able to change columns and create this table for different features?

Thank you in advance,
Matthew

Hi @Matthew313 Welcome to the forum. To what does each row correspond?

Hi @iperez thank you! The main logic is this. I have this table with 3 variabels Products, Orders, Views but i want to cluster only one variable at a time. Therefore i will cluster all the orders for each product because i want to know that different products can behave similarly.

Is there any identifier for the first occurrence of A, B and C? maybe the same date?

1 Like

To get the Orders Output table, I would use row splitters to get three seperate tables based on Product type. Then remove the Product and Views columns using a column filter l. Plus rename the remaining column into either A, B Or C using a Column rename node. Then bring the three newly created columns back together to create one single table, the Concatenate node sbould work.

Can can take a aimilar approach to create the second table (for views).

Might be a more elegant way of approaching this but thats what I would try in the first instance.

Ben (Forest Grove)

Hello all,

this problem you can solve with the Pivoting Node like this:

Pivoting Node Configuration:

After that us a Ungroup Node and the result should look like this

Greetings, Brotfahrer

5 Likes

Hi, yes it’s the date variable.

Thank you so much for the support, i will check it out.

Hi @Brotfahrer,

Thank you so much, you made my day :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.