Prevent blocking dialog during Knime batch execution (locked workflow and interactive R snippet)

(I've moved the post from KNIME General to KNIME Users - it seemed more appropriate)

Hello,

I'm having difficulty integrating workflows into other scripts due to Knime's blocking error message dialog which appears during batch execution.  This has happend in two ways so far:

1. Workflow is locked.
  2. R Snippet (interactive) failed to execute.

The task will not complete without the user clicking on the "OK" button to dismiss the error message dialog.

It is possible to create mechanism to prevent both from occurring, but that requires ensuring that every workflow at every step will occur without errors.  Ideally, the program should exit without blocking and return a non-zero status (e.g., exit code = 4).

This issue is on Windows 7 running Knime 2.8.2 in batch mode, invoked by:

<<knime_path>> <<workflow_path>> -consoleLog -reset -nosave -nosplash -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION

I have tried this with and without the "-consoleLog" switch and the result is the same.

Please let me know if there is a solution to this problem.

Thank you,

Shin

Try adding "--launcher.suppressErrors" before "-application".

It worked - the workflow completed with errors without blocking.

Thank you so much for the solution!!!

Shin

P.S., I think I'll go grab some aspirin now :)

Hi all,

I've been working for your product for some time now. It truly rocks.

I've lost the count of how many times one of your post helped me, but I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate the efforts you put in supporting everyone out there.

Thank you for the assistance !