Print aspects of dataframe to console

I know I can hover over the node output or open the table and inspect, but it would be nice if we could print certain aspects of the dataframe to the console (like a print function in python / jupyter notebook). Maybe there is a way to do this now I don’t yet know it. But there are consoles in the perspective where it would be possible to view. One problem I find with KNIME is that the workflows don’t necessarily let someone “read” the progress of the data the same way you can in a jupyter notebook. This would be a nice feature to aid in the sharing and documenting of workflows.

Hi there @scapuzzi,

are you looking for Node Monitor View?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thanks @ipazin. That’s close, but I want to see rows and columns so you can monitor how the df is being modified as the workflow progresses. Just the shape of the df itself. But this is really helpful!

Hi @scapuzzi,

you mean instead tracking data in one node to track input data through multiple nodes?

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi Ivan: Thanks for the all the follow up. While I can see the output table, I can’t see the shape (dimensions) of the table. That’s what I mean. The only way, AFAIK (without having to do a dimension extractor), to see the shape is to either hover over the outport or to open the node and view the table. If the number of rows and columns (the shape) were printed along with the outtable view, that would solve my issue!

Hi there @scapuzzi,

I see now. Totally agree with you and have created a ticket (Internal reference: AP-14503).

This could be very useful. Tnx for engagement!

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

Hello @scapuzzi,

with KNIME version 4.3.0. released a week ago now you can see table dimension in Node Monitor.

NodeMonitorDim

Additionally here is link to release highlights:

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.